Your final step is to add your tile design to the gallery,
and to take a look at the tile designs others have posted.
Here are some mathematical questions for you to consider when looking at the designs below:
- Symmetry: Since there are an infinite number of lines possible through a center, one individual circle has an infinite number of lines of symmetry.
- Can you see how many lines of symmetry your design has?
- How many lines of symmetry are in some of the other designs in the gallery?
- How could you change your design to create more or fewer lines of symmetry?
- Similarity and Congruency: Identify similar and congruent geometric shapes within your design.
- Geometric Transformations: There are two types of transformations: rigid and non-rigid. Identify types of transformation that were used to create your design including rotation, reflection, translation, and dilation.